Doha Capital of Islamic Culture Prize
The Second Theme: Islamic Civilization
30 October- 30 November 2021
Doha Capital of Islamic Culture prize is a photography competition that is hosted to mark the selection of Doha as the capital of Islamic culture. This competition is for Qataris and resident photographers in Qatar; as the prizes will be handed out to the winning contestants.
The Second Theme: Islamic Culture and its Influence on Traditional and Modern Architecture
This theme is dedicated for all the contestants above 18. The contestants have to focus on displaying the influence of Islamic culture on the civil and urban development that depend on the traditional architecture and Islamic units used, how the community has interacted with this development and the reflection of this development on the aesthetics of the city.
Second Theme Prizes:
The three winners will be rewarded the following prizes:
First place five thousand riyals and a participation certificate
Second place three thousand riyals and a participation certificate
Third place two thousand riyals and a participation certificate
- The participant can send one shot or a collection of shots (no more than 5) that express the theme of the competition. The photograph can be taken using a phone or digital camera; as long as the size of the file is larger than 2 megabytes.
- Photo editing programs can only be used to adjust lighting, contrast and colors.
- The judging will be done by a committee consisting of Qatar Museums and Ministry of Culture and Sports, and their decision will be final.
- By participating in this competition, the organizers have the right to use the photographs on social media and in cultural publications; while reserving your literary rights.
- The winning photographs, and other chosen works, will be displayed in a photography competition in 2022.
The submission application has to include the following:
· Image file in jpeg, tiff or png format, with a size larger than 2 megabytes.
· The image file submitted should be named as follows: Participant name – the title of the artwork, eg: Khalid – Portrait.
The last date for submissions is 30 November at 12 midnight.